Sunday, March 6, 2011

Drinking My Bliss

For my three hours of bliss I decided that I would catch up with some friends and go to a local bar.  This idea was great minus the fact that everyone I tried to get to go out for a day drinking fest was either working or in school.  So I decided to include the stuffed animal assignment into my bliss assignment.  I'm a big fan of the drinking shows Three Sheets and Drinking Made Easy.  In theses shows the host has a mascot of a monkey that makes appearances from time to time.  I located a similar stuffed monkey in my apartment I had when I was a younger kid and decided to head to a bar near my place to have a drink with my new drinking buddy.



I was curious to see what reactions I would get by bringing a stuffed animal into a bar.  Since I frequent the bar near my house and know the staff the reactions were not as extreme as I originally thought.  The whole day of bliss was fun and brought some of that childhood moments back.  I think most people had a favorite stuffed animal that they always carried around.  I had a few that I was never apart from.  I think doing this assignment brought those memories of valuing the stuff animals of my childhood.  Maybe it was the memories or booze, but it inspired me to think about my childhood.  In the day and age of being busy with school and work the ability to remember childhood memories was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment